To Jack

“Only sometimes you find people with whom you can really feel “that”, and you know it is something that does not depends on time” - anonymous
Sometimes we are just lucky.
Flying back from our Interrail to Portugal, we decided to quit the worst cards game in the world and talk to the boy seated next to us. Usually these kinds of things do not last much longer, some information about Lisbon and that’s it. But this time was different, he was just waiting for a move from us. He speaks Italian, but he is Swiss. He was coming for a surfing week in Ericeira, he had just one day to visit Lisbon. We liked him at first sight, so we decided to do a (very!) summarized tour by Lisbon on the following day. Avenida da Liberdade, Chiado, Baixa, Alheira in a typical restaurant, 28, 15, Belém, Pastéis de Belém, Santini and ginginha in Cascais, Bacalhau com Natas by dinner and Lisboa by night at the end. Who shows Lisbon on a Saturday can show Sintra on a Sunday morning, and take him to Ericeira on the afternoon, and it was what we did. On the following Saturday we made him a surprise and visited him. On the next day we took him to the airport to say goodbye. Between two hugs it was promised a visit to Switzerland, a return to Portugal on the next summer to surf together. And it was with sadness that we saw him leaving.
Some days later, a friend of mine, Mariana, told that she likes to say “Hi” to people that she doesn’t know at all when they pass by her. I said “The last time I have done it I made a friend”.
His name is Giacomo, Jack to his amici portoghesi.
Is it possible to become true friend of someone that we just have known for a couple of days?
Is it possible to describe a friendship in a paragraph?
Is it possible to ask for some kindness to the world without giving it first?
I do not believe in destiny, but it exists…
Flying back from our Interrail to Portugal, we decided to quit the worst cards game in the world and talk to the boy seated next to us. Usually these kinds of things do not last much longer, some information about Lisbon and that’s it. But this time was different, he was just waiting for a move from us. He speaks Italian, but he is Swiss. He was coming for a surfing week in Ericeira, he had just one day to visit Lisbon. We liked him at first sight, so we decided to do a (very!) summarized tour by Lisbon on the following day. Avenida da Liberdade, Chiado, Baixa, Alheira in a typical restaurant, 28, 15, Belém, Pastéis de Belém, Santini and ginginha in Cascais, Bacalhau com Natas by dinner and Lisboa by night at the end. Who shows Lisbon on a Saturday can show Sintra on a Sunday morning, and take him to Ericeira on the afternoon, and it was what we did. On the following Saturday we made him a surprise and visited him. On the next day we took him to the airport to say goodbye. Between two hugs it was promised a visit to Switzerland, a return to Portugal on the next summer to surf together. And it was with sadness that we saw him leaving.
Some days later, a friend of mine, Mariana, told that she likes to say “Hi” to people that she doesn’t know at all when they pass by her. I said “The last time I have done it I made a friend”.
His name is Giacomo, Jack to his amici portoghesi.
Is it possible to become true friend of someone that we just have known for a couple of days?
Is it possible to describe a friendship in a paragraph?
Is it possible to ask for some kindness to the world without giving it first?
I do not believe in destiny, but it exists…
2 Comments:
Sometimes it doesn' matter how or why something happens, the only thing that do matter is that it is happened...
I'm happy, and I don't care about anything else... because I don't need to know anything more!
I don't know if such things can "really" happen, like find true friends in few days. The rule I think says "no, it's impossible", but to have a rule we need an exception, and i've found it in you...
You know, sometimes "world spins madly on..." ;-)
By
Anónimo, at 8:08 a.m.
First “batalha” is not the worst cards game in the world :P
I don’t believe in destiny, but sometimes unforgettable moments happen without any explanation. Some people don’t believe in friendship like these, made in a few days. They don’t believe in such thing “just give and don’t ask”.
One thing I believe, even we don’t see each other again, moments like that, will last forever in my memories, always with a big SMILE! :D
Kisses
By
Lily, at 11:32 a.m.
Enviar um comentário
<< Home